Who is Arty?
Arty is the mascot of the AKC Museum of the Dog and represents all dogs.
Arty is a reminder that dogs are an important part of our daily lives. Whether performing crucial jobs, going for a walk, playing in the park, or simply sitting beside us, they brighten our day. The Museum of the Dog is not just about fine art and prize-winning dogs, it’s about you and the dogs in your life!
Why Give Monthly?
Monthly donations are an easy and affordable way to help the Museum of the Dog celebrate the role of dogs in society and art.
Even small gifts, given consistently, can compound to help the Museum educate the public through its collection of visual art, cutting-edge technology, exhibitions, research materials, and educational programming.
What are your dollars supporting?
All donations help the Museum fulfill its commitment of being a welcoming and inclusive space, with modern, and diverse experiences and exhibitions!
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS HAVE COVERED A RANGE OF TOPICS, INCLUDING:
- Presentations on dogs with jobs
- Author (and dog!) meet and greet sessions
- Celebrations featuring veterans and heroic war dogs
- Summer reading with families in the Library
- Artistic demonstrations
- Meet the Breeds, a chance to meet your favorite breed in person
Your donations will help facilitate the Museum's growth and introduce the world-class collection, mission and values to new audiences.
Friends of Arty Receive:
- Welcome packet
- Special gift exclusively for Friends of Arty
If your gift is $100/month or more, receive all of the above PLUS
- Exclusive invites to exhibition openings
- Website listing
- "Friend of the Day" feature on the Museum's Facebook and Instagram pages with your favorite canine companion
If your gift is $250/month or more, receive all of the above PLUS:
- Museum of the Dog baseball cap
- Exhibition previews
- Entry into a raffle to attend the 2020 AKC American National Championships in Orlando, Florida
Out of courtesy to our neighbors, only service dogs and invited demonstration dogs are allowed in the museum.