Museum of the Dog
 

spacer

Exhibits

 Dogs in Porcelain Sculpture

Royal Doulton
Designer Peggy Davies
Pointer
Gift of the Glen Twiford estate

This exhibit in the recently renovated Westminster Gallery of the Jarville House features the Museum’s collection of lovely porcelains focusing on the recently gifted pieces from the Glen Twiford estate.  A discerning collector of dogs in porcelain sculpture, Mr. Twiford’s collection numbers approximately 125 pieces.  Also displayed throughout the Museum will be collection pieces gifted from past donors such as Jean Ann Cone, Dr. and Mrs. Charles Billings, Gilbert S. Kahn, Mr. and Mrs. Herman L. Fellton, Marie A. Moore, Nancy-Carroll Draper, and Paul Tolliver.  Exhibit objects will range in size from small to nearly life-size and include depictions of many breeds of dogs.  Various pieces from the historic porcelain makers such as Royal Doulton, Meissen, Royal Copenhagen, Rosenthal, Nymphenburg, and Hutschenreuther will comprise the exhibit.  Pieces range from the 19th and early 20th centuries.

The Landseer wall: 
A focus upon several works in the Museum's collection by Sir Edwin Henry Landseer.

Edwin Henry Landseer
The Two Dogs (detail)
c.1838
Oil on canvas
Gift of the Cynthia S. Wood estate



Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player